Friday, August 11, 2006

Uninspired

I've wanted to write for days and I'll think up an idea and the completely forget what it was 5 minutes later (yes, I should write it down but often I'm feeding the baby when I get the ideas and am no where near a pen). I'm not getting much sleep lately so I feel like I'm in a daze. This lack of sleep is in no way due to the baby (well ok one night was). I am just either wide awake with crazy thoughts running through my head or I'm having nightmares that wake me up. I wish I could just chill out. I'm supposed to have a pedicure tonight so maybe that will help.

On the baby front, he's trying to roll over. I tried to capture that in action but didn't have much luck (and his outfit is a bit too big for him so he has trouble getting his feed going):



He is pretty cute though, don't ya think? :-)











I've entered another writing contest. I don't think they've put my entry up but when they do I will report back. I will not, however, tell you the name I'm writing under as that would be unfair. Each story should be judged on its own merit, not for popularity. Yes, it's a romance so those of you who wonder what the heck that is about I'd like to state that it is one of the top selling forms of writing. It is not easier by any means. Last time I wrote a suspense, which I did find easier to write (probably because I read so much of it) but I'm stuck in the middle of that work in progress and I've decided to leave it until I am inspired. You'd think that all these nightmares would help with that but I have no problem with the suspense part, just all the other parts to hold it together. Can't be one nightmare after another or maybe it could but I really like the HEA so that won't be my book.

I guess I could say I am published now as a short piece I entered in a contest is in a book of shorts that was published earlier this year. I wasn't paid for it so I'm not sure it counts. It was part of a writing contest to win scholarship money for school. I didn't win the scholarship but I did get selected for the publishing thing. That was a great letter to receive. It was for my Mother Sounds piece (I printed that here last Fall sometime).

Only 2 1/2 more hours til my pedicure - yea!