Friday, July 28, 2006

When time flies


Yesterday was my oldest son's birthday. He is now 7. I know everyone says this but it was only yesterday that he was as big as my new baby. They look almost exactly alike so it brings me back to those times with #1 son a lot. Oh how I adored those months with my first child, just staring at him and he at me. When he was first born we owned a condo in North Vancouver and at the end of the day we'd stand on the balcony looking for Daddy's bus to arrive. Things were a bit simpler then as dh worked right downtown and was able to take the seabus. He'd get off the bus and look up and there we'd be waving down at him and all excited to spend our evening as a little family. Of course sometimes I was just excited to be able to go take a shower! LOL

Then we bought our first house and moved out to Maple Ridge. From there it just gets busier and busier (with a lot of moves and at one time owning a home here and in Calgary) and now we have three kids and no house of our own. Well we do live in a house but we're renting for now. Why does that feel so wrong to say and to admit to people? We sold for very good reasons and moved to Vancouver to see how it would work there (it didn't, too expensive, not very family oriented and just not really our pace) and since then the market has gone up so high we've been a bit priced out of it. We could buy a condo but since there are now 5 of us we'd rather have a house so we're going to have to wait. We have a great house that we're renting that is perfect in size and yard and price so we shouldn't be embarassed but somehow I just feel at our age that we should own. Oh well, I digress.

Once you have kids it really seems like time flies. You blink and they aren't babies anymore. Really it's been since my dh and I decided to get married that time has just taken off. I remember it moving much more slowly and painfully prior to that. I wouldn't go back to my early 20's for anything in this world. My thirties have rocked (and been rocky but for the most part the best years ever of my life). As I scarily zoom closer and closer to 40 time is just picking up speed. Is that the same for everyone or ? I wonder.

Well anyway, my little guy (hereafter to be called big guy so the new little guy can be called little guy! LOL) is now a big guy. He went from this:













to this:














HAPPY BIRTHDAY my big little guy!