Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Then the weight of the world fell away

...or at least mine is supposed to. Today I started a weight loss study that is being offered by a doctor and university. I was really excited because I'm done with this weight. It is my past and I see in my future, um, less weight.

So I weighed in and started my official part in the weight loss study; unfortunately where I thought my weight was and where there scale says it is are two different places! Not so funny!! I don't own a scale (haven't in years as I hate the things but will probably invest in one now) and I was going by what I weighed right after Joshua was born. I was sure I had gone down. Huh, apparently not. But how could I have lost an inch on my waist and hips (which I was excited to discover)? Everyone has been telling me that I look like I've lost
weight so why am I weighing so much? I was really trying not to cry. Oh well, that's why I'm doing this right? Plus every scale is different and I'm nursing Josh so you know certain parts of my anatomy have to weigh a lot right?!! *blush* OK enough excuses.

Above is my before(now) virtual model and here (right) is my short term (meaning that I still want to lose more after that it's a good start!LOL) goal after model








Here's a place I go to help me with my journey (it's free, free, free!):
Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet