Tuesday, January 23, 2007

5 Years ago today a princess was born

Time really flies. Five years ago I awoke thinking I had wet the bed (sorry to any men reading this but if you have kids you get it), since that's not something I do I realised my water had broken. Thankfully my dh was only just leaving - if he was gone it would be a while before he got back since at that time we were living in Calgary and he took the bus to work (we only had one vehicle). It was three weeks early but no surprise and we packed #1 off to daycare and headed to Peter Lougheed Hospital where my OB was just leaving and was surprised to see us. Five and a half hours later my princess arrived. It had been a long couple of years, we had lost a couple of babies and I've never been so thankful in my life as when I saw her. I never knew that I could love another being as much as I loved #1 but yet my heart opened that much wider and I did. You may hear the same story in March when #3 turns 1 so get used to it!LOL).


2002 (approx 9 months old with her big brother)


2003 (approx 19 months old)



2004 (28 months)

2005 - 3 1/2 yrs
2006 - 4 1/2 years
2007 - 5 years (at her very first birthday party, on the right in case you were confused LOL)



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY PRINCESS!


edited to add above photo of #2 in present Grandma sent today(appropriate I think!)




Labels: