Thursday, December 14, 2006

When is the holiday over?

And by that I mean the school holiday - not necessarily Christmas. #1 child has been home 4 days, count 'em - 4 whole days, on his school break and already my house is in complete uproar.

Now I love #1 child like there is no tomorrow and I will continue to do so but I am about to dive in to the brink of madness and not come back. We have a very delicate routine #2, #3 and I. Very delicate. It is important that that balance not be upset as then #3 doesn't sleep. He NEEDS to sleep. Especially now, as he has another ear infection (so do I but I don't have time for it therefore I am praying it right on out of my body).

I am literally so tired of breaking up squabbles and overly rough horseplay between #1 and #2 OR just as I have #3 asleep someone running yelling through the house and waking him up. Then he thinks he's done sleeping because, you know, 5 minutes is good enough for him.

I have tried to come up with creative uses for the kids time. I have tried to spend time with them. I have tried bribing them with Santa (oh yes, I have so sue me) and explained the naughty list yet again. I have talked of discipline and so many things yet the closer we get to CHristmas the more ramped up they get. Especially #1. His ADHD gets particularly bad at Christmas. At least this year we have him on the herbal and other program we are doing and it is moderately better than last year. Last year not only was he hyper, he was sad. Hyper and sad is not a good combination.

OK, my rant is over and I think I feel less like crying now. Sometimes I just feel the desire to get it all out. Now to go find a vat of chocolate to soak in - too heck with the diet! (Nah, not really but maybe just a little! LOL)

Oh look here's one...

Now - doesn't that look lovely!