Thursday, December 07, 2006

I make stuff

I just made the best salad in the ENTIRE world. Seriously. I was making bacon and eggs for #2 child and was wanting something a bit healthier for myself and looking at the bacon drippings in the pan when I had an idea. I remembered this from some cooking show I watched and I turned the pan on low and added balsamic vinegar which sizzled and cooked up all the brown bits and oil (I did only say a bit healthier! LOL). Then I added some minced garlic and let it reduce. In a large bowl I assembled a spring green salad mix, diced tomatoes and red peppers, craisins, feta, one piece of bacon chopped up and a small amount of crushed walnuts. I poured some of the dressing over top. OMG! This salad rocks. I think I'm in love. Sigh.


Earlier this week I finished #2 child's second slipper, having made the first back in August. Yeah, I know, I was busy. She was thrilled with her slippers (that she begged me to make her after seeing #3 child's hat, who knows why), she had picked the colour and the style. She wore them for all of five minutes and hasn't worn them since. She is like her mother who hates to wear socks (I didn't even in the snow) but it is cold on the floor in this house and I do wear slippers when it is that cold on the feet. Here are her slippers being modelled by her: