Monday, December 04, 2006

The show is over and the fun was free

For all the work that went in to Christmas Cafe it sure went by fast. It was funny how when I was in it, it seemed to take forever and now it's over. I enjoyed some days more than others, decided that I'm not good if others aren't organised, and I discovered something new in the show each and every time I heard it (and if you were counting, which I'm sure you weren't, that was 11 "official" performances and 3 more rehearsal performances so that's a lot).

The actors were all very good and should be proud of themselves. Especially, the younger ones. Doing a run like that is not always easy even for adults and these kids just did a bang up job. I think Frosty also deserves an extra bit of applause for sitting there and not moving for half the play. How he didn't fall asleep and fall off his sleigh I'll never know.

I learned a few other things this last week but mostly that sometimes my sarcasm isn't lost on people. I know I should curb it sometimes but there are times when...well, there are times, that's all.

The last thing I learned is that my dh is hot. Yes, I know he is my dh and I always have thought him cute but this week, watching him help in a variety of capacities as jack-of-all-trades guy around the set and at Jacawafab (or however you spell that - basically our youth group fun thing), I found him hot. Especially when he was all dressed up on Friday and he did that all by himself (ha - usually I have to make him wear dressy clothes). The funniest thing about that was as he was running around or playing he split his pants. That's what you get for doing an inflatable obstacle course in dress clothes (I got a jammed toe and swollen ankle and my pants started coming off part way through the obstacle course but nothing ripped so that is a good thing). He didn't care, just kept right on going. He even beat one of our youth guys who is very fast and a talented sports guy. I was impressed.

So now me and my weary bones (did I mention that I'm pretty much too old to be running around and doing inflatable obstacle courses with young kids?) are very happy that this is all over for another year. Just like summer kids' camp it is fun for a while and then even nicer when it's over.