Saturday, November 04, 2006

Youth Group and a three letter word

Yes, it's true. Last night at youth group we started a conversation about, sshhh, sex. It was awkward and funny and I'm so glad that I wasn't the one leading the conversation, although there was some joke about me taking over. You can bet that would NOT have happened. So of all the teens that were there (grade 8-12) who was being the silliest? OK, yes it was the leaders, I admit it. There was some blushing and giggling and then we decided to eat candy to try to behave ourselves. Unfortunately Pat passed me the Mr. Big bar and the rest of us leaders just lost it. The kids actually shushed us, and one of them was Pat's daughter.

Yeah, so much for looking cool in front of the kids. Ahem. :-)

I will say this, it was probably one of the best talks of this kind I have ever heard and I hope that those kids really listened to Pastor Mike. However, I'm not sure I can take three more weeks in this series...