Friday, October 20, 2006

Running on empty

So much to do so little time. Where does the time go? We have obviously overbooked ourselves and find, between the five of us, we have something to do every day. This is in addition to work and school and normal life. These are extra things. Oh you say, well you shouldn't sign your kids up to so much stuff. No, it's not just our kids it's us. Dh and I each work with a different age group of youths. Him on Thursdays with grades 5-7 and me on Fridays with grades 8-12. This is in addition ot other ministry we are both involved in and classes we are taking and classes the kids are taking. It is very rewarding but we realize we are starting to not find any time for ourselves. Ha - no wonder our house is never totally clean. I do start it but it seems by the time I've done one area and move on the first area needs help again.

We still have boxes we need to unpack which makes me think we honestly don't need that stuff. Unfortunately, some of it is books and we don't have a bookshelf because our last place had built-in's so now we need bookshelves. ANother large box is all loose photos that need to be sorted and taken care of properly. Who has time for that?

I spend a lot of time in the car driving around (not as much as another mother of 3 I know but I actually live in town!).

Are all the things we are doing worth all of this? Well, actually, yes. Giving back to our Church is important to Steve and I, the kids are doing things they love and, well, their schools just happen to be on opposite ends of town, so what can you do? Suck it up and deal I guess. I will admit I was happy when dh was home early enough yesterday to pick up #1 child and friend from choir, drop the other child off and then we decided to skip swimming as both of our older children are fighting yet another cold.

We had 3 hours of us all home at the same time and it was great, until we realized that all of us were home at the same time! Nah, just kidding.