Thursday, September 28, 2006

Gadgets

I love gadgets!

I just got two nifty gadgets that make me oh so happy. One is new to me but not new but that's ok because it is so cool. It is a palm pilot. Yeah. I've been playing with it for two days and trying to figure out all the things I can do with it. So now, hopefully, I will organize my life AND can take my ebooks with me when I do all the running around I do in the car with and for the kids and their activities. Of course, I won't try to read and drive at the same time, that would be bad.

The second one is an mp3 player. I have wanted one of these for a while but I'm cheap and figured I could make do with my discman. When I found the headphones to the discman I discovered they were broken and thought this was a great excuse to buy an mp3 player! I just bought a low end one to see if I really use it or if it is just another neat gadget I want to have but won't do anything with. So far it has accompanied me on my walk along the dykes with #3 child. Therefore, I think of it is a fitness assistant because I can (a) keep time to the music and get a good pace going (it's crucial not to have anything too slow or too fast) and (b) not get bored out of my mind and turn around and go back to the car because I can convince myself to go "just one more song" before turning around. I did discover it is wise to look around you before singing along with the music. That's also when I took one of the ear buds out of my ear so I could actually hear some of the other stuff that was going on around me.

Next gadget I want is a KitchenAid waffle maker. Why? Really no reason other than one of the other bloggers brought hers to a brunch we were having and it is truly amazing. It made one beautiful waffle after another and I didn't see any sticking to the griddle or any messy dripping or anything. Now that may have been because she is an excellent waffle cook (and trust me those were some good waffles so you know she is) but I think it had to do with that neat contraption too. It is so cool, it spins so that you can do one side and flip it and do another side. Plus, hers was red and it would match all my other Kitchen Aid appliances. I really want one.