Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Matching antibiotics, at least we're in season

Yes, #3 child and I have matching antibiotics. Mine are for a double ear infection and his are for a chest infection. We're feeling nasty folks. To top it off the antibiotics are doing a number on our stomachs and I won't regale you with any more of that but you obviously know where I'm going with it.

I think it got so bad for me because I've been ignoring the headache/dizziness for a couple of weeks and just kept pushing through. I thought it was any number of things but I did not think of an ear infection as I've never had one before. It wasn't until I was looking at a friend on Saturday and realized that everything she said was coming through a fog, and that flames felt like they were dancing up my neck, that I decided perhaps it was time to see a doctor.

I probably still wouldn't have gone (I have a lot to do and no time to sit in a clinic, what can I say I'm not a big fan of doctors, I saw enough when I was pg) except for #3 was making horrible wheezing noises that were freaking me out so off the two of us went. Well you know that someone was looking out for us because there was not one other person in that clinic waiting room. I actually thought they were closed but nope just not busy for the first time in, well, they've never not been busy when I've been there. We were whisked right into a room the doctor listened to the baby and gave me a prescription, looked in my ears and gaving me the matching adult one. We were in and out in 15 minutes, maybe less.

It actually took longer to get the prescription filled that to see the doctor. By the time I finally got it I thought #3 and I were going to fall asleep on the shopping cart.

Anyway, here we are still not feeling great. We pushed through some had to do things on the weekend, ie #1 child's baptism (photos below courtesty of 3 kids lots of fun) but now we are calling everything else off. #3 has a very husky baby voice, which is rather strange, and my ears feel like they are going to explode with any noise. Living in a house with three children is not exactly quiet.

I am going to try and do nothing for the next couple of days as I head into a weekend where I have a large number of commitments, not the least of which is chaperoning a bunch of teens on a Church all-nighter. There needs to be a female chaperone, you understand.

Anyway, on a postitive note here are pics of my #1 child being baptised. Again, photo credits to 3 kids lots of fun: