Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Tooth Fairy revealed

#1 child just lost another tooth. He says it wasn't even loose, but it just came out when he was eating carrots after dinner (that was the snack that he wanted - he's a good kid). Anyway, his baby teeth are so tiny that we usually put them in a ziplock baggie to put under his pillow because we almost lost the first one. So we put this one in its baggie and I told him to put it under his pillow. This was the conversation:
Him: "I know who puts the money there."
Me: "Who puts what money? Where?"
Him: "Moooommmm. The money for the tooth."
Me: "The Tooth Fairy."
Him (big smile on his face): "No it's you. Or Dad."
Me: "Whaddya mean? No way, it's the tooth fairy. Mom and Dad don't have any money."
Him: "I heard you. I know."
Me: "Heard me what?"
Him: "Well I saw you one time and I heard Dad and you talking about it."
Me: "No you didn't. Go ask Daddy. I have no idea what you are talking about." (I figure if I mess with him enough he'll forget what he is saying! LOL)
Him (running down the hall): "Daaaaaddd. I know who the tooth fairy is."
Dh: "The Tooth Fairy."
#1 Child: "No. I told Mom."
Dh: "What did she say?"
#1 Child: "It's her."
Me (yelling down the hall): "No I said it's the tooth fairy."
#1 Child: "That's what I said."
Dh and me: "What?" See now we're confused.
Us again: "Never mind. It's the tooth fairy. Go to bed."

Not sure if we fooled him or not but at least we've diverted it for now.