Thursday, May 17, 2007

I miss fresh air

and Starbucks :-( - it's now day 6 of the illness in our house and the third child went down today. I haven't been out of the house much since then ("then" being six days ago). I drove dd to school and picked her and ds up from school on Monday, dashed to the store Tuesday night to pick up medicine, picked ds up from school yesterday. There and back. No side trips.

No Starbucks lest someone get sick in the car, or worse, while we're waiting. Today a wonderful fellow blogger (thank you LMR) was kind enough to pick up children's tylenol for me (and some cute flowers - thanks again) as we ran out of that sometime in the middle of the night. The thought of dragging three sick kids in to the pharmacy did not thrill me. She was already going to the store so she offered.

So here I sit trying to eat my dinner and type my blog in peace. So far I've been interrupted twice in under five minutes. I have put them all to bed. Yes, it is early for one of them but this Mom is done. I made myself a nice salad and an interesting quesedilla with salmon and brie and sauted veggies. Could be weird but I needed to use up the salmon and the whole wheat tortillas so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm sure I'll like it. I like anything salmon and cheesy.

Then later I'm going to have a glass of my favourite shiraz cab. I tried a new one the other day and didn't like it. It was from South Africa and is called Kumala or something - I'd get up to go look but I don't want to. I don't want to move - ever. I'm that tired. Last time dh went to the Queen Charlottes the kids (we only had two at that point but I owned my own retail store and worked more than full-time) got the chicken pox. I'm starting to think there is a reason they get sick when he goes away. I'm just not sure if it is telling me he shouldn't go away or that I need to be stronger or what.

I still have to clean the kitchen, put away dishes, and do laundry. Plus, I have some work to do. Wow, this post is pretty whiny sounding. I think I'll stop and just continue to eat my salad and look forward to my wine (to go with my whine! LOL) and quesedilla.

Labels: