Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Blogging, the bad blogger

I used to blog regularly and then it slipped away as I also blog on my writing blog. And then I just didn't feel the need to blog here. My personal stuff seems inconsequential, too personal or just plain boring. Maybe all of them.

Sometimes I want to say stuff and I'm not sure how. Sometimes I think I should just blog daily like 4ever29 since this is the year that I should remain 4ver39. How scary is that? When did I get to be this age? Maybe that's why I'm so tired.

My friend R wrote on her last blog about intentional relationships - living intentionally. That's really important and I try to do that. I'm not sure I manage it but I try. Lately dh and I have looked at our schedules and at each other and wonder where the we went in all of that. Yes, we had our date night, scheduled, but it was starting to become a time to discuss the kids, the house, and everything but just enjoying being us and being out, either alone or with friends. There was no we, family, we. Every single night was booked, every day too. Trying to fit anything in to that time on impulse very rarely happened. We are now going to intentionally back ourselves out of some comittments we made. They were good comittments and they were meant to lead us to where we are now but where we are now is a new place.

We need to spend more time together as a family (not just doing chores, running errands or sitting around watching tv). We need to spend time with each of our children (especially the older two) individually.

We also want to start spending time with our friends. Here, there and everywhere (sorry Dr. Seuss jumped into my post).

Anyway, this is starting to ramble and I now have two sick kids to care for so off I go. Dh leaves tomorrow to work in the Queen Charlottes so it'd be great if I could get them both better asap. Think it'll happen?

Labels: ,