Monday, May 07, 2007

Write On #3

Well I fused together the two points of this post to make the title.

I attended the Write On Vancouver conference over the weekend and it was great. I learned a lot. Met both published and unpublished writers, pitched to an editor, talked to other editors and agents and just overall had a good time. It would have been better, however, if I hadn't chipped my tooth on Friday night, causing me to suck back Advil every 4 hours for the rest of the weekend. From looking at the tooth it appears that all I have left is the old amalgam filling, very little original tooth. I see a root canal in my future and I'm not thrilled about it. We don't have a dental plan, or a dentist for that matter, although we have had a good recommendation. Hopefully he will accept a payment plan. At the moment orajel, advil and listerine are my friends.

Back to the conference. I pitched to an editor and she requested the first three chapters of my romantic suspense so I am excited about that. Of course, I still have lots of work to do on it but she said I could take my time, she'd rather see it polished in a few months than thrown together tomorrow.

In other news #3 is off to an audition today for a toy commercial. He's napping now so hopefully he'll be his usual happy self when we get there. I also hope he doesn't make strange when they take him away from me. He's been passed around enough at church that hopefully it won't be a big deal.

Labels: ,