Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sing it!

#1 son got to perform at The Act last night with Norman Foote. I had no idea who this guy was other than some children's performer that was singing with a choir back up.

#1 son had to be there at 6 to practice and get his bright, neon lime t-shirt to put on. The rest of us arrived at about 6:30 to stand in line and we had a friend's middle child join us as she and dd have lots of fun together and I thought she would enjoy it. We were delayed going in for a bit as I guess the choir was working on a couple of new songs that Norman through at them but then we were allowed in.

There were actually quite a lot of people. The Act holds about 500 I believe and the bottom part was pretty full. I'm sure the kids were thrilled to be able to sing to a "full house" (while technically not most of those kids wouldn't have any idea, they just saw a lot of people). We got seats right down front and I proceeded to try to take photos without flash since we weren't supposed to use it. So my photos are not great because I've used the photo software to lighten them up but you'll get the idea. DS is in the middle row, far left. He's good at snapping his fingers! LOL
#1 did a really good job, as did all of the kids. Norman worked very well with them and interacted with them a lot. He even talked about maybe using the choir for the Children's Festival so I'm not sure if that will be a go but I guess we'll find out.

Most fun parts of the night were: the pretend baby that pee'd all over Norman, the choir and then the audience; the diaper that he pulled out after pretending to change said baby, and threw at the choir and all the girls screamed; singing Old MacDonald as Bob Dylan (omg, this was hilarious!); singing Sound of Music songs as various characters including Mick Jagger doing "I am sixty going on seventy". There was something for everyone and it was all inclusive. I would recommend this show highly to anyone who has children.

Labels: