Saturday, February 24, 2007

Fixin Dinner, Missions and other stuff

OK R (3 kids lots of fun) has already mentioned this cookbook but I need to reiterate that it is fantastic. The Dinner Fix by Sand Richard is a great cookbook. I love the grocery lists and that everything is so easy to make. My kids have liked most everything so far, although some are clearly better than others, which is normal.

Last night I made the oh so simple Tuna Tetrazzini with Peas and Corn and my family gobbled it up. Dh thought it was delicious. I figured it would be ok but nothing spectacular since there really wasn't much too it. It was good. Really good. #3 loved it also and it was an easy big food transition for him since it was soft.

In other areas things for us are going better for us this past week. I am thankful. The stress was really starting to crack me up (and I don't have far to go! LOL).

Also, Dh is planning on going on the last Katrina mission trip in April. He wanted to go on the other two but as he is the self-employed, and the sole breadwinner for this family at present, it just wasn't possible. This time he has committed to going and is working to raise the required finances. If anyone who reads this blog is able to assist in this area and wants to receive a tax-deductible charity receipt you can contact the church office and donate to Burnett Fellowship with dh's name and Katrina Mission in the memo field. If you need more information than that (ie church address/phone, dh full name, etc.) leave a comment here with your email address and I will get in touch with you. We mostly ask that you say prayers towards this mission for all who are involved.