Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Faith

First I'd like to thank everyone that contacted me on post or via email. I am much better today and I appreciate your thoughts. I don't stay mad for long, hurt maybe, angry no.

Anyway, some of the stuff that's going on with me lately involves having faith. Trusting that I am headed in the direction that I'm meant to or that things will work out and be ok. That's not easy for me. I tend to be controlling (I know, you all are shocked!) and I know that I need to not be. I'm trying. Faith is a big part of that.

There was a time when I stepped completely away from my faith and I almost didn't find my way back. There was a time when I saw much of my life in black. It is not that way anymore but I still struggle. I still worry, a lot. Not necessarily just about myself or my family, although that is certainly the biggest part, but others as well. I need to have more faith. I need to worry less. For a lot of reasons.

There are days when I struggle more (like yesterday) and those days I need to have more faith. I know it. Sometimes I'm just not sure how to go about it.

To that end I'm asking all you bloggers/lurkers a question, actually two:
1. What do you do to keep faith or when you feel like it's wavering?
2. Is there particular scripture that helps you with your faith?

If you'd like to share with me, especially the scripture, I would appreciate it as I journey on my way to become more faithfilled and more trusting.

Labels: