Sunday, July 20, 2008

Forgot One

I forgot the friend I married. And he truly is my best friend. I am a very lucky girl to have found such a wonderful man. After a lousy week dealing with inexcusable behaviour and complete jerks, my husband brought a smile to my face with these:

He doesn't bring me flowers for Valentine's Day, which I'm in complete agreement with, since they cost a small fortune at that time and I'd rather spend the money on other things. If he brings me flowers it is usually not at a specific time, but rather as a pick me up or just to say I love you. I don't get them a lot throughout the year (maybe twice, if that), but I'm good with that too. It makes it special to know he got them just because he was thinking about me at that moment rather than because society gave us a day that says he should give them to me.

These flowers are still looking pretty glorious on my mantel and they've helped me during a week where I was unsure of so many things in my life. Because I know there is one thing I don't need to be unsure of. Well, two really.