Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Grown Up Home?

Or getting there, anyway.

Here are some photos of my living room:
(ignore the tv show in the background, that's probably not very grown up! LOL)

And our bedroom:This was day two here so we still had stuff everywhere, but I hurriedly made the bed (as you can see by that one sad looking pillow) to take a photo. Chocolate brown and Ice Blue. Those colours will eventually carry on through the ensuite too.

To me, this is my grown-up stuff. I've been living on my own since I was 17 and usually had hand me down furniture or very inexpensive stuff. The couches are the first that we have bought as a couple, and are more my style than anything I or we have ever had. We've gone back to a queen size bed for a number of reasons: it was cheaper than buying a new king (our old one was having issues and the mattress looked like a wave) and you can always find more linens for a queen. Plus, our kids are older (ok, my youngest is 2, but it's old enough) and we no longer want/need little ones in bed with us (a convenience for sure when I was nursing).

This weekend I get a new bookshelf (new to me, but very nice purchase from a friend). I've been using a bookshelf that my dh built me out of scrap. It is very utilitarian looking, but served it's purpose. Now I want something that looks nicer and goes with my stuff.

I have plenty of ideas for this place, but first we have the basement to finish so my oldest can have his own room. He's being a trooper about sleeping on the floor of his sister's room, but I know he is excited to have his own space.