Sunday, March 08, 2009

Mommy and Me (Interviewing the kids)

I first read this on some friends' blogs and thought it was fun. I tried asking my 2 (almost 3) year old, but he didn't really give me much. Just kept answering Mickey Mouse or Hi-5. So then I thought I'd ask my older two children.

I first asked my 7 year old daughter and then my 9 year old son - separately. Her answers are on the left, his on the right.

1. WHAT IS SOMETHING MOM ALWAYS SAYS TO YOU?
To Listen/That you love me

2. WHAT MAKES MOM HAPPY?
Giving to others/Us listening to you

3. WHAT MAKES MOM SAD?
People who don’t listen to you/Not listening to you

4. HOW DOES YOUR MOM MAKE YOU LAUGH?
Silly faces/Funny jokes

5. WHAT WAS YOUR MOM LIKE AS A CHILD?
Nice/Barely ever got in trouble

6. HOW OLD IS YOUR MOM?
41/41

7. HOW TALL IS YOUR MOM?
Big/Five feet

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOM’S FAVORITE THING TO DO?
Read/Read

9. WHAT DOES YOUR MOM DO WHEN YOU’RE NOT AROUND?
Play with (#3 child)/Work on the computer

10. IF YOUR MOM BECOMES FAMOUS, WHAT WILL IT BE FOR?
Movies/Doing something really good

11. WHAT is YOUR MOM REALLY GOOD AT?
Reading/Reading

12. WHAT IS YOUR MOM NOT VERY GOOD AT?
Playing outside/I don’t know what you’re not good at

13. WHAT DOES YOUR MOM DO FOR HER JOB?
Work/Fix books on the computer

14. WHAT IS YOUR MOM’S FAVORITE FOOD?
Everything/Tacos

15. WHAT MAKES YOUR MOM PROUD OF YOU?
Listen/Clean up our rooms

16. IF YOUR MOM WERE A CARTOON CHARACTER, WHO WOULD SHE BE?
Bugs Bunny/Bugs Bunny (really? Interesting)

17. WHAT DO YOU AND YOUR MOM DO TOGETHER?
Go places/Spend time together

18. HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR MOM THE SAME?
We have the same colour hair (we don’t)/We like to play games

19. HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR MOM DIFFERENT?
We have different clothes/You have glasses and I don’t

20. HOW DO YOU KNOW YOUR MOM LOVES YOU?
You say nice things/You do nice stuff for us

21. WHERE IS YOUR MOM’S FAVORITE PLACE TO GO?
Cruise/Not McDonald’s

22. HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE YOUR MOM?
Up to Pluto and back/To another galaxy and back (this started when I read Guess How Much I Love You to my kids - "to the moon and back" and ever since they've had to take it farther!) :wub: