Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm what?! Pregnant? Are you sure?

It's been a busy couple of days since I posted last and a lot has changed for me. How in the space of two days does life change that fast? Wel,l you find out you are pregnant when you were (or thought you were) protected! :-) So here I am at 37 (I'll be 38 in December) with a 6 year old, a 3 1/2 year old and I was getting ready to go back to the Corporate world after running my own business for a few years and then whamo things change just by peeing on a stick! LOL. I have a second job interview tomorrow for a job that, until two days ago, I desperately wanted. It is a good management job, at a solid company with a great salary.

So...what do I do? If I'm offered the job do I tell them that I'm pregnant, even though it's still early, or do I take the job and wait to see what happens. That sounds rather strange I guess but I had two losses between my other two children so it's not a foreign concept to me, although now that the shock has settled I really want this baby. Do I just not take the job and just stay home and continue writing and hope something comes of that? In the meantime, walking my son to grade 1 and my daughter to her first year in preschool, I can spend more time with them and cherish this time. I've decided to go to the 2nd interview tomorrow and just see what happens. For once I'm not going to stress about the outcome because whatever happens is what is meant to happen. Well, I'm not that casual but that's what I'm hanging on to.

On a writing note I've just had a book review I wrote for Romance Divas published - you can find the link here:
http://romancedivas.com/bookreviews_files/HotCase-MichelleP-template.pdf

I'm up to Chapter 4 in my WIP and I received some good feedback on my Romance Junkies contest entry.