Thursday, August 11, 2005

Staff Reviewer for Romance Divas

Well I'm very excited as I just became a staff reviewer at Romance Divas! I hope to not only improve my writing skills while doing this but to read more, learn more about my craft and to give credit to other authors who work so hard at what they do. Not that all books can be great but most of the time you can find the positives in them. I think I have only ever stopped reading a book once and that's because they killed a puppy in it. I just didn't get it and it wasn't relevant to the story and well, I really like puppies! LOL Not that I don't like people but puppies are defenseless.

Now, other than this I have not written a single word today. I received some more feedback on my piece at RJ and it said it was missing something. Somehow that depressed me. I know that you can't please everyone but until that point the reviews had been pretty decent. Anyway, if I take this comment to hear then I can't be a writer because there is always going to be someone somewhere who doesn't like my stuff so I need to get a grip and stop using it as an excuse. Write on....ok, first dinner and then I promise I will start writing. :-)